Utah Hikes | Battle Creek Falls – A must see waterfall!
Hike Name: Battle Creek Falls
Location: Pleasant Grove, Utah, Utah County
Distance: 1.2 miles round trip
Difficulty: Easy as for distance, but very steep the entire way; may be challenging for some depending on fitness level
Kid Friendly: Yes, but at your own discretion since trail is steep and slippery in many places along the way
Dogs Allowed: Yes
Overall Opinion: Awesome waterfall and well worth it!
My wife and I did the short hike to Battle Creek Falls for a recent date night. We haven’t been hiking together in a while so it was the perfect distance to break us in and inspire us to hike more often. We read that Battle Creek Falls was a family friendly hike, and as far as the distance is concerned, absolutely. It’s nice and short. However, we found it to be very steep the entire way and could be challenging with young kids.
We have three kids, ages 6, 2, and 9 months so we decided we will not be bringing the two youngest yet. Our 6 year old would enjoy it, but the other two are too young for our comfort level. It’s certainly doable with a front or back baby carrier so we may get brave and go for it.
- Great area for parking at trailhead
- Gorgeous waterfall at the end of the hike
- Scenic views of parts of Mount Timpanogos on the way up
- Scenic views of Utah Lake and parts of Utah Valley on the way down
- Great spot to duck your head under the waterfall to cool off
- Short distance; perfect for a quick hike for date night
- Doable with kids if desired
- It’s tough to have any gripes for this trail-it’s pretty awesome
- Can take a bit to drive to trailhead once exiting the freeway (Pleasant Grove is a “pleasant” small city though so just enjoy the drive)
- Pretty steep incline the entire way (only a gripe if you’re out of shape; could be a grip for someone wanting some quick, awesome exercise)
Do it! You won’t regret this hike. It’s the perfect distance and incline for a decent workout, provides some killer scenery throughout with a booming waterfall to cool you off at the top.
Gripping Video – 60 Second Highlights[fve]https://youtu.be/AwPDgFYR0as[/fve]