Gripping Gear Review and How-to Video: Rain-X Windshield Repair KIT
At Gription Gear we constantly seek awesome products in outdoor and tech gear. I recently discovered a product that kinda blew my mind: The [amazon text=Rain-X Windshield Repair KIT&asin=B000EA5WLS]. I found this while searching for a way to repair a rock chip and crack on the windshield of the Gription Gear Toyota Landcruiser.
As with most things I buy, I went to Amazon.com to do some research. I found this repair kit and read some reviews. The reviews were a bit mixed, but with a three to four start rating I figured it was worth a try. A $10-15 repair kit was worth it for the chance at avoiding a new $200 windshield.
I watched some YouTube videos on how to use the kit and found them very weak to say the least. I figured I better try out the kit and create my own video in the process.
So here you go! Check it out and leave a comment on what you think about my review, and better yet, tell me if the [amazon text=Rain-X Windshield Repair KIT&asin=B000EA5WLS] worked for you too!
Here’s a few grips and gripes to help you decide if you want to try out the kit. Watch the video as well to see the final result and how well it worked for me.
- Amazing instructions! Well written, clear, and concise, with pictures included.
- Worked well to hide most of the rock chip and the long crack on the windshield.
- Only cost 15 bucks and it saved me from having to buy a new windshield!
- A bit of a slow process to repair the windshield. Although, I was filming the process throughout which took me longer, so it may be faster if you.
- Best results are achieved if done immediately after the rock chip or crack occurs. I waited for along time before doing the repair so the crack had some dirt I was unable to completely clean out. The dirt prevented the crack from disappearing completely.
Bottom line: It worked well and I’m amazed! The crack is almost invisible. the process was pretty straightforward with the outstanding instructions provided. I say, buy it, try it, and tell us what you think!