Osprey Raptor 10 Mountain Biking Pack: Gripping Gear Review
The Osprey Raptor 10 mountain biking pack is an ideal backpack whether you’re out mountain biking or tackling your next hiking trail for the day. The pack comfortably connects to your body with the BioStretch™ harness and hipbelt, so it’s not moving all over your back while on technical terrain.
In addition to the fantastic BioStretch harness and hipbelt, other features on the Raptor 10 include a LidLock™ helmet attachment that securely carries bicycle helmets. There is a blinker light attachment strap found near the base of the front panel of the pack that allows for quick light attachment for high visibility in the dark. A removable roll-out tool pouch is integrated into its own zippered lower pocket for quick access, and there’s also a special scratch-free sunglass pocket for your shades. A reservoir is included with the Raptor 10, and there is a compartment dedicated to the hydration reservoir that allows for easy loading and protects any contents in the pack from spills. Maximum ventilation is allowed with the Airscape™ back panel which is mesh covered ridged foam and an Atilon foam framesheet allows dynamic body movement while spreading load across the entire back panel.
- The Raptor 10 stays in place while mountain biking the most technical terrain.
- Minimal liquid movement due to specifically designed baffles in the 3.0 Liter LT liter Hydraulics™
- Magnetic disc on sternum strap keeps hose in place and provides easy access to hydration
- Capacity of pack is ideal and carries all the necessities for a day of mountain biking or hiking
- Easily accessible tool pouch keeps things organized for quick trailside repairs
- Reservoir is easy to refill and water flow is great
- Good ventilation with the Airscape back panel
- Easily adjustable
- No gripes for the Osprey Raptor 10
Bottom Line: The Osprey Raptor 10 is one of the best mountain biking packs with some of the greatest features that makes it very versatile. It’s a huge bonus that it stays in place when tearing through trails and has outstanding accessibility to hydration. It’s an all-around comfortable, durable pack that gets the job done. The Osprey Raptor 10 retails at $130.00.