Kammok Thylacine Sleeping Bag: Gripping Gear Review0
Kammok Thylacine Sleeping Bag: Gripping Gear Review
The Kammok Thylacine Sleeping Bag is a versatile, lightweight sleeping bag that handles a range of outdoor conditions without sacrificing performance. The Thylacine is soft and cozy with a Variable Warmth Technology™ that allows the warmth of the sleeping bag to be adjusted through a system of insulated liners to adapt to diverse environments. This sleeping bag is one for all seasons.
The Variable Warmth Technology in the Thylacine Sleeping Bag is really like owning three sleeping bags in one at a fraction of the cost. The system allows for you to have three different temperature rated sleeping bags: Base Bag 30˚; add the Base Bag Liner 15˚; Base Bag, Liner and Liner Insert 0˚. In addition to the Variable Warmth Technology, other features include Customfit™ which gives you control of the optimal width and length dimensions of the bag, the Pillow Pocket that keeps your pillow in place while you sleep, a storage pocket, and the Vaulted Footbox that gives your feet ample room.
The advanced materials in the Kammok Thylacine Sleeping Bag are a combination of silky, soft, lightweight fabrics, advanced insulation technologies, 3D construction, durable hardware, and snag-free zippers. Atmos, Kammok’s proprietary ripstop nylon fabric, allows for durability with thermal reflective properties which amplifies retention of body heat and maintains a comfortable equilibrium. With Insotect Flow, the sleeping bag’s heat rapidly spreads throughout to help keep you nice and warm. And the 750-fill power DownTek shields from water, rain, snow and sweat.
If you live in Utah, you understand that the weather can change within a 10-minute span of time especially if you’re out camping. The unpredictable weather made the Kammok Thylacine Sleeping Bag the perfect sleeping bag to take on camping trips whether it was up in the Uintas or down south in the St. George area.
- The Thylacine is one of the coziest and softest sleeping bags. The weight of the sleeping bag is super light, and you can’t help but let out a sigh of contentment once you get all snuggled up in the Thylacine.
- The Pillow Pocket was fantastic and kept my pillow in place throughout the nights. The storage pocket was really convenient as it kept my headlamp easily accessible. This is extremely important especially when a bathroom break sneaks up on you in the middle of the night, and you’re desperately trying to locate your headlamp to get out of the tent and relieve yourself.
- The layers were fantastic and spared me from having to pack any extra blankets in case the weather got a bit colder at night. The Custom fit of the sleeping bag kept cold spots out, and that made for a nice pleasant night of sleeping.
- The sleeping bag is also easily packable into a small stuff sack and weighs only 3lbs, 9oz. with all three layers.
- There really weren’t any gripes for the Kammok Thylacine Sleeping Bag. It provided top notch performance and some of the most comfortable nights of sleep while out camping. One suggestion might be to make a smaller size bag for those of us who are a bit more vertically challenged. The regular size is 78” and fits a person up to 6’3”. While it didn’t present any issues with warmth or comfort, sometimes it’s just nice to have a sleeping bag that’s a bit closer to your height for optimum comfort.
Bottom Line: The Kammok Thylacine Sleeping Bag is highly recommended. While it’s on the more pricey side with the Base Bag being $329, Liner Insert $99, Liner $199, keep in mind that you’re getting all of this in one sleeping bag. If you were to buy three different high quality sleeping bags for your adventures, you’d be throwing out way more than $600. You can buy the layers separately or all together with the Base Bag.