Club Ride Two Timer Jacket: Gripping Gear Review
The Club Ride Two Timer is one of those jackets that not only looks good, but it feels good. This cycling piece features a comfortable, lightweight polyester woven rip-stop fabric with synthetic thermal fill quilted insulation to keep you warm. The Two Timer has a flattering sport fit, and it’s a perfect riding jacket for fall weather, or you can use it as a layering piece.
The Two Timer jacket features sleeves made of midweight brushed-back polyester knit, and it also has a DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent – coating that is applied to fabrics which makes them water resistant or hydrophobic). Other features of the jacket include several pockets; two hand-zippered, one rear-zippered and two inside drop-in. It also has a media port, thumbholes on the sleeves and RideLight™ Reflective Accents for visibility.
- The Club Ride Two Timer is a cozy jacket that is perfect for milder temperatures such as fall riding. It can also be used as a mid-layer if the weather does happen to get a bit colder.
- The pockets are roomy, and the back pocket is great for storing gels, supplements or a small, crushable water bottle in.
- The RideLight Reflective Accents are great especially when you find yourself riding into the night.
- The jacket seemed true to size for me and the fit was comfortable and not restricting.
- While I’m not sure if the Two Timer jacket was meant to be a packable jacket, it did fit in my small biking pack, but did take a bulk of the pack not leaving a whole lot of room for much else.
- It might be nice to have a cinch string on the inside of the jacket to block in more warmth on the colder days of riding.
- Otherwise, there really weren’t other issues or gripes about the Two Timer jacket.
Bottom Line: The Club Ride Two Timer Jacket is definitely recommended for your chillier cycling days. Whether it’s road biking or mountain biking, this jacket will provide enough warmth for you to ride in colder temps. It’s a sharp looking jacket as well, especially the Nirvana Fade design. It can definitely be used for outdoor activities other than biking such as day hiking or climbing. The jacket retails at $109.95.